- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Tomato Puffs Recipe
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Onion flavored instant broth and seasoning||1 Ounce (1 Packet Herb Ox)|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg5.3%
Sodium 1445.4 mg60.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 14 g28.9%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, egg white and onion-seasoning.
2. Cut the tomato in half crosswise, and scoop out the seeds.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Sprinkle tomato cups lightly with salt.
5. Spoon the cottage cheese mixture into each.
6. Top with cheese.
7. Broil for another 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted.
8. Serve the tomato puffs immediately while hot, as a side dish to grills or steaks.