- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Grilled Summer Vegetables Recipe Video
|Yellow squash||2 Small|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|White sugar/Brown sugar||To Taste|
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103.3 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 81.7%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash zucchini, yellow squash and the red bell pepper. Pat them dry with paper towel.
2. Slice the zucchini and yellow squash into circles or diagonal slices, about 1/2 to 5/8 inch wide.
3. Remove the seeds and flesh from the inside of the red bell pepper, and cut into large, equally-sized sections.
4. Into a dish, place the vegetables and season with fresh black pepper.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the top, and mix to coat well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and set aside until you are ready to put them on the grill.
6. When you are ready to grill the vegetables, place them over medium heat for 7 or 8 minutes, turning once to get grill marks.
7. When they are done to your liking, place them in a dish, and sprinkle a small amount of salt and sugar over the top. Stir to coat all vegetables, and then place in a nice serving dish.
8. Serve immediately and enjoy!