- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Summer Salad Recipe
|Belgian endive||4 , halved lengthwise|
|Radicchio/Romaine lettuce||2 , quartered lengthwise|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, thickly sliced on the diagonal|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Basil||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Firm tomatoes||2 Large|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 614 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 519 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 72 g288%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 34 g67.4%
Vitamin A 974.5% Vitamin C 401.5%
Calcium 119% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large baking plate and place endive, lettuce and zucchini together.
2. Sprinkle oil on these ingredients.
3. Add basil leaves in it.
4. Toss gently so that the vegetables are properly coated with adequate oil.
5. Cut the tomatoes in half through their cores and trim the cored carefully.
6. Cut each half of the tomatoes into 1″ wide wedges.
7. Arrange for a grill.
8. Place the zucchini slices on the hot grills.
9. Surround the slices with lettuce and endive.
10. Now add tomatoes in it and position the halves in such a way so that it remains near the outer rage of the rack.
11. Grill it for 3 minutes.
12. Flip the pieces with best possible care and again grill it for 3-5 minutes or until these become browned and soft.
13. Now you have to remove the pieces with a metal spatula and distribute it on 8 serving plates.
14. Sprinkle the ingredients with vinegar before serving