- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Squid With Sweet Chilli Sauce and Rocket Recipe
|Squid||8 Medium, cleaned|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon (Nam Pla)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilies||4 , finely chopped|
|Wild rocket||9 Ounce, washed and drained (250 Gram)|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 932 mg
Sodium 483.8 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 64 g127.6%
Vitamin A 54.3% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a thin sharp knife, slit the squid open and score the inside in diagonal pattern.
2) Use a grill pan to heat up. Arrange the squid, scored-side down on the pan. Brush with little olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
3) Grill for 4-5 minutes, flip over and brush the other side with oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the squid curls up and gets slightly charred and tender. Cut each squid in half.
4) In a food processor, prepare the chili sauce by blending fish sauce, 2 tablespoon water, sugar, lemon juice and chilies. Process on pulse setting to make the dressing smooth. Season according to the taste.
5) In a large bowl, put the rocket and toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season properly.
6) Use 4 serving plates to divide the dressed leaves. Place squid on top. Spoon over the chili dressing and serve hot with a lemon wedge for squeezing over.