- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy Recipe Video
|Shrimp||36 Medium, peeled and deveined|
|Corn tortillas||12 Medium|
|Old bay||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for seasoning)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for seasoning)|
|Celery salt||1 Tablespoon (for seasoning)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (for seasoning)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for cilantro cream)|
|Lime juice||4 Ounce (for cilantro cream)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Ounce, chopped finely (for cilantro cream)|
|Mayonnaise||4 Ounce (for cilantro cream)|
|Honey||2 Ounce (for cilantro cream)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen, defrosted (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
|Jalapeno||3 Medium, grilled and sliced with seeds (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
|Leinenkugel's sumer shandy beer||2 Ounce (for charred jalapeno lime slaw)|
Calories 1062 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351.1 mg
Sodium 1687.6 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 43.1 g
Protein 51 g101.8%
Vitamin A 42% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 31% Iron 49.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For shrimp, in a large bowl combine Old Bay mix, chili powder, celery salt and cayenne. Mix well.
2. Put shrimp in it and mix to coat well. Place it in refrigerator.
3. Roast pepper, remove the stem, slice it in half, remove the seeds, and charred skin. Cut it into pieces.
4. For cilantro cream, take a small bowl and mix together sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise and honey. Mix and allow it to rest in refrigerator.
5. For slaw, in another bowl, put cabbage, sugar, tomatoes, corn, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro and beer. Toss it well and place it in refrigerator for a couple of hours. You may also prepare it a day ahead.
6. Place shrimp on grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until it is done. Put it in a bowl and keep it aside.
7. Grill tortillas for about 1 minute per side.
8. On the tortillas , place cabbage slaw and shrimp. Drizzle cilantro cream on top.
9. Serve shrimp tacos with a glass of beer.