- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Seafood Salad with Shallot Thyme Vinaigrette Recipe
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh thyme leaves/1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||2 Large, thawed if frozen, peeled, deveined|
|Swordfish/Marlin / tuna steaks||1 Pound (1 Inch Thick Steaks)|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Mixed salad greens||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, thinly sliced|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 , cut in half|
|Pitted kalamata olives/Ripe olives||12|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1473 Calories from Fat 734
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.6%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282.7 mg
Sodium 1683.3 mg70.1%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 116 g232.3%
Vitamin A 196.2% Vitamin C 329.1%
Calcium 34.6% Iron 65%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large food grade bag or a covered jar, place all the vinaigrette ingredients and shake well to make sure that they are well mixed
2. In another shallow dish, place the fish and shrimp and pour the ¼ cup of the vinaigrette over them.
3. Coat the fish and shrimp well and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Heat the gas or charcoal grill
5. Remove the fish and shrimp from the marinade and set aside the marinade for later use.
6. Place the fish and the fennel on the grill. Cover the grill and cook the fish and the fennel on medium heat for five minutes
7. Turn and brush the fish and the fennel with the reserved marinade two or three times during the cooking process to get an even coating
8. Add the shrimp; cover the grill to allow it to cook for five minutes.
9. Repeat the process of turning the fish, shrimp and the fennel till the fish is opaque, the shrimp is pink and the fennel is tender
10. Discard the marinade after the seafood and fennel is cooked
11. On a serving platter, arrange the salad greens in a round pattern.
12. Cut fish into bite-size pieces to serve.
13. Place the fish, fennel, shrimp and remaining salad ingredients on the salad greens.
14. Served the reserved vinaigrette on the side.