- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Sea Bass with Asparagus Spears Recipe Video
|Sea bass fillets||300 Gram (2 filets, each weighing approx. 150grams)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Asparagus spears||12 Medium|
|Baby broad beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (approximately 2 small portions)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 274 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.65 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.7 mg
Sodium 1249.5 mg52.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get the sea bass filleted by the fishmonger, removing any bones but leaving the skin on the fish and cut across the fillets to give pieces of fish about 150g each.
2. Using a sharp knife, lightly score the skin with 3 or 4 shallow cuts.
3. Lightly grease a baking tray with a touch of oil and lightly brush olive oil over the fish fillets.
4. Season the flesh side of the fish to taste and place onto the baking tray, skin side upwards.
5. Prepare the asparagus.
6. Prepare the broad beans, blanching and removing their skins.
7. Pre-heat the grill to hot.
8. Place the sea bass fillets under the hot grill to cook for about 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
9. The skin should start to color and the flesh starts to come away from the skin when pressed gently.
10. Cook the vegetables.
11. Poach the asparagus in simmering salted water until just cooked and reheat the skinned broad beans in a little hot water.
12. When the sea bass and the vegetables are cooked, remove the sea bass from under the grill and allow it to rest for a few moments.
13. Drain the asparagus really well and divide the spears evenly between your warmed plates.
14. Using a fish slice, carefully transfer the sea bass from the tray and place neatly on top of the asparagus.
15. Drain the beans and spread a few beans around each plate.
16. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the sea bass fillets and serve immediately.