- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Sardines In Chilli Oil Recipe
|Olive oil||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Chopped dried red chili||2 Tablespoon|
|Sardines||12 Small, cleaned and scaled|
|Coarse sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.5%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.8 mg
Sodium 535.7 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 44.2% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 45.5% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan heat the oil and chilies very gently for 10 minutes.
2. Take the pan off heat let it cool with cover and infuse for about 8-12 hours.
3. Take a sieve lined with muslin or clean towel, strain the oil and pour it into a sterilized jar or bottle.
4. Take a little of the chili oil, brush the prepared sardines and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
5. On an oiled barbecue grill over hot coals cook the fish for about 6-8 minutes such that the sardines are just cooked, turning once.
6. Serve the hot sardines with a garnish of lemon wedges and optionally along with hot crusty bread and a mixed salad.