- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Salmon Recipe
|Salmon steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lime rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), squeezed|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.4 mg
Sodium 361.4 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 33% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together lime juice, rind, oil, mustard, and pepper.
2) Place the fish in the lime mixture and turn to marinate evenly.
3) Cover the bowl and allow to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4) Flip the fish at regular intervals.
5) Soak the wooden chips in water.
6) Take the fish out and reserve the marinade.
7) Sprinkle the fish with salt and sesame seeds, if using.
8) Grill the fish about 4 inches from the glowing coals of the barbeque.
9) Place the wood chips around the fish and cover.
10) Turn occasionally basting with marinade as required for 10 to 15 minutes or until the fish flakes of easily with a fork.
11) Serve hot on a bed of small mixed salad with a lemon wedge on side if desired.