- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Onion-Cheese Topping Recipe Video
|Ribeye steaks||1 Pound, bone in|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|French fried onions||2 , sliced|
|Shredded cheese||30 Gram|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.6 mg
Sodium 255.9 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.68%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 0.52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove steaks from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about one-half hour.
2. Salt on both sides, to taste. Grind fresh, black peppercorns on both sides, to taste. Spread both sides with olive oil (using about 2 tablespoons of olive oil).
3. Place the two steaks on a hot grill and watch carefully as they cook, turning once with tongs, and checking occasionally for doneness.
4. When steaks are done to your liking, place a layer of French fried onions in a single layer over the top of each steak.
5. Over the onion rings, sprinkle a generous amount of cheese. (We used shredded cheddar on one steak and feta cheese on the other steak.) Let the steaks remain over heat for just a minute or so, until the cheese melts and the flavors are blended.
6. Serve immediately! I served mine with Deep-Fried mashed Potato Balls, Basic Garlic Bread, steamed vegetables, Rebecca Ruth Style Bourbon Balls, and a fantastic glass of iced tea.
Rick and I really enjoyed the meal! I hope you enjoy it, too! Love, Betty