- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Red Onion Salad with Parmesan Cheese and Sage Recipe Video
|Red onions||6 Large, slice|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad green leaves||3 Ounce (salad leaves with rocket)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, shave|
|Sage leaves||18 Small|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||7 Tablespoon|
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.6 mg
Sodium 293.1 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 47.4 g189.4%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 124.6% Vitamin C 106.2%
Calcium 191.1% Iron 160%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
2. Cut the onions into thick slices, without peeling them.
3. Place the onion on a grill rack and brush olive oil all over.
4. Season with salt and pepper and place them in the oven and grill them for 20 minutes, turning them over about half time.
5. Using a peeler make thin curls of the parmesan cheese.
6. In a bowl combine extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, set aside.
7. Five minutes before the onions are ready, place sage leaves on top of the onions and grill for the remaining time.
8. Once the onions are done take out the skin from the edges of the onions and allow it to cool.
9. Place a the salad greens in the plate and drizzle the oil and lemon dressing and toss well.
10. Arrange the onions on top and drizzle some more dressing on top.
11. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
12. Serve the grilled onion salad at room temperature.