- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Rabbit In Juniper Berry Marinade Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot/Onion||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Juniper berries||4 , dried|
|Dried juniper berries||4|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Rabbit||2 Ounce, frozen|
|Frozen rabbit parts||1 Pound, thawed|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23 mg
Sodium 25.6 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.73%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow glass or large stainless-steel mixing bowl, prepare marinade by blending together gin, oil, lemon juice, shallot, juniper berries, lemon zest, and pepper.
2. Add the rabbit parts and coat well in the marinade.
3. Keep the meat in a single layer at the bottom of the bowl.
4. Cover the bowl and keep inside the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for marinating; occasionally turn.
5. Preheat barbecue or gas grill on medium-high for 10 minutes.
6. On the grilling rack, arrange the marinated rabbit parts and grill for about 30 minutes; reserve the marinade.
7. Turn occasionally between cooking and brush marinade until the rabbit meat is tender.
8. Serve immediately.