- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Prawns Over Pineapple Rice Recipe Video
|Prawn||2 Pound, peeled, deveined (for grilled prawn(1-2 pound fresh))|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for grilled prawn+ 2 tablespoons for rice)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for grilled prawn)|
|Sweet chili sauce||4 Tablespoon (for grilled prawn)|
|Fresh ginger||4 Teaspoon, mince (for grilled prawn)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince (for grilled prawn)|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (for grilled prawn)|
|Asian chili garlic sauce||2 Teaspoon (for grilled prawn)|
|Canola oil||9 Tablespoon (1/2 cup for grilled prawn+ 1 tablespoon for rice)|
|Sesame oil||25 Gram (2 teaspoon for grilled prawn+ 1 tablespoon for rice)|
|Pineapple tidbits||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (for rice)|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, diced (for rice)|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped (for rice)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Tablespoon, diced (for rice)|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped (for rice)|
|Green onion||50 Gram, chopped (1for rice (white and green section))|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon (for rice)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon (for rice)|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon (for rice)|
|Jasmine rice/Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cold (for rice)|
|Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon (for rice)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (for rice)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (for rice)|
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.7%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 372.2 mg
Sodium 1864 mg77.7%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 44 g87.5%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For prawns, in a bowl add soy sauce, honey, sweet chili sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, chili garlic sauce, canola oil, and sesame oil. Mix well.
2. Add prawns, toss to coat evenly, and place it in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
3.Preheat grill at 400 degree. Remove prawns from marinade, and thread them in skewers. Reserve the marinade for later use.
4. Place prawns on grill, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Baste it liberally with marinade while grilling.
5. For pineapple rice, in pan heat oil, add white onion, garlic, celery, jalapeno, ginger, and green pepper to it. Stir and cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
6. Put chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, curry powder, and sugar in pan. Stir well.
7. Throw cooked rice, mix and break the clumps, if any. Cook for few minutes.
8. Add pineapple, mix to distribute evenly.
9. Serve pineapple rice with grilled prawns.