- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Poussin Recipe
|Poussin||1 Pound (1 Small)|
|Lean bacon rashers||4|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Or Milled)|
Calories 615 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289 mg
Sodium 686.7 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.33 g0.11%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 48 g95.8%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a knife cut rind from chops and slit lengthwise from the outside edge into bone making a pocket.
2) With a pate season the inside and the pocket. Press to reshape the chop.
3) Beat egg mixture and dip the chop in it. Dredge in breadcrumbs and pat firmly to coat.
4) In a skillet heat fat and fry to brown. Cover with a lid and cook chops turning in between for 30 minutes.
5) 10 minutes before cooking time remove lid. Drain.
6) Serve with buttered asparagus tips and parsley potatoes.