- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
A Viewer's Recipe! Easy Pound Cake.That Ended Up on the Grill (Cooking with Carolyn) Recipe Video
|Cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (Duncan Hines butter cake mix)|
|Sticks of butter||1|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence/Lemon essence||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71 mg
Sodium 335.4 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 7% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTube pan or Bundt pan
1. Preheat Oven to 375 degrees
2. Prepare a tube pan or a bundt pan with bakers joy spray or any other baking spray.
3. In a large bowl combine the Duncan hines cake mix followed by eggs, sour cream, vanilla flavoring, melted butter.
4. Using a hand mixer blend all the ingredients keep the speed to low.
5. Scrape out the sides as and when required.
6. Pour the batter in the tube pan, spread it evenly.
7. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
8. Serve the pound cake along with some chocolate ganache and strawberry yogurt ice cream or just plain coffee.
Grill a slice of pound cake on a grill pan for less than a minute.
Prepare Bundt pan with Bakers Joy spray ( Just make sure the spray says "Baking" spray. Use only the above ingredients, do not add water or oil)