- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Portobella & Asparagus Salad Recipe Video
|Asparagus spears||2 3⁄4 Pound, woody ends trimmed (about 3 bunches)|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, peeled|
|Portabella mushroom caps||1 1⁄4 Pound (about 6-8 large)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, halved, cored|
|Basting oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Small, zested and juiced|
|Bbq seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 504.4 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
3. Brush asparagus with basting oil and place on the grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 10 minutes, turning often, until cooked through and tender.
4. Slice onion into four discs. Skewer onion discs with two skewers, lollipop-fashion. Brush onions with basting oil and grill them for 10-15 minutes, until tender with char marks.
5. Brush mushrooms and pepper halves with basting oil and grill 10-12 minutes, until tender and char-marked.
6. Dice onions. Wedge-cut mushrooms into sixths. Slice peppers into strips. Cut asparagus diagonally into thirds.
7. Toss all veggies together in large bowl. Add lemon zest and juice and BBQ seasoning. Gently toss to blend well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Serve the salad cold or at room temperature.
Grilling veggies the day before allows flavors to meld and frees up your grill for other items.
Onions can be grilled using a grilling basket.
Use a microplane grater for a smaller, finer lemon zest.