- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Porkchops in a Beer and Chutney Marinade Recipe Video
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (for brine)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for brine)|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium (for brine)|
|Herbes de provence/Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for brine)|
|Mango chutney||150 Gram (6 tablespoon for brine+1/4 cup for marinade)|
|Beer||1 Can (10 oz) (for marinade)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon (for marinade)|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon (for marinade)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (for marinade)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince (for marinade)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for marinade+ mashed potato (to taste))|
|Fresh ground pepper||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Garlic head||1 (for mashed potato)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (for mashed potato)|
|Yukon gold potato||2 Pound (for mashed potato)|
|Cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for mashed potato)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon (for mashed potato)|
|Creamy horseradish||1 Tablespoon (for mashed potato)|
|Pork tenderloin||2 Pound|
Calories 887 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 173 mg
Sodium 1926.4 mg80.3%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g29%
Sugars 55.9 g
Protein 56 g112.7%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedKosher Salt - 1/2 Cup fro Brine
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. For mashed potato, peel and chop potatoes into chunk. Set it aside.
3. For brine, in a large sauce pan, pour water and add salt to it. Mix well, place it on heat and bring it to boil.
4. Then , add dark brown sugar, bay leaves, Herbes de Provence, and mango chutney. Mix
5. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool completely before you add your pork.
7. Trim the membrane of pork, and place it in a plastic bag.
8. Pour brine in it and allow it to rest for 2-3 hours or overnight.
9. For marinade, in a plastic bag, combine beer, soy sauce, mango chutney, hot sauce, Dijon mustard, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
10. Take pork from brine, rinse well, pat it dry and put them in marinade. Seal, and allow it to rest for at least 6 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning a few times in between.
11. Take pork pieces from marinade and place them on grill. Cook for about 7 minutes per side, turning once in between.
12. For mashed potatoes, remove the outer part of garlic leaving the head intact.
13. Slice off the top, place it on foil, drizzle olive oil, and wrap. Pop it oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
14. In a large sauce pan, put potato, add salt and pour water .
15. Place the pan on heat and bring it to boil. Simmer, and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and keep it aside.
16. In microwave warm cheese, melt butter and horseradish.
17. In a mixing bowl, put potatoes, squeeze and add roasted garlic to it. Insert cream butter and melted horseradish. Mash.
18. Serve grilled pork hot with mashed potato.
Your pork should have an internal temperature of 145 for medium and 165 degree for well done.