- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Pork Tenderloin Recipe Video
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Granulated garlic||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg
Sodium 915.7 mg38.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 47 g94.2%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare grill and light charcoal. Soak 2 handfuls of Mesquite wood chips in a small bowl of water. Spray grilling rack (hold away from the fire) with cooking spray.
2. Season pork tenderloin on all sides with dry seasonings.
3. Once charcoal is ready, carefully pour charcoal all to one side of the grill. Drain the mesquite chips and sprinkle over the coals. Place grilling rack back on the grill.
4. Place the seasoned pork tenderloin on the side of the grilling rack opposite of the charcoal. Cover, open top vent and let grill for 15 minutes, then turn the meat.
5. Let the meat slow cook for 45 minutes while turning the tenderloin every 15 minutes.
6. Remove the cover and check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Pork tenderloin should reach at least 160 degrees F. Transfer the grilled loin to a platter.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes or so to hold in the juices and makes easier to slice.
8. On a serving plate, serve the grilled pork tenderloin with any side dish of choice like potatoes au gratin and homemade macaroni and cheese.