- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sarah's Simple Solutions Episode 40 - Grilled Pork Chops w/ Balsamic Vinegar Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for grilling and 1 tablespoon for brushing)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 1386.2 mg57.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow bowl, put together water with coarse salt and sugar.
2. Stir well until sugar and salt dissolves.
3. Put the pork chops in brine solution and leave for 20 minutes, flipping them occasionally.
4. Preheat the griddle on medium heat.
5. Take the chops out of brine and dry them using a kitchen towel.
6. Brush the chops with oil on both the sides, season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the chops on the griddle for 7-8 minutes until brown from both sides or until it registers 150 F on meat thermometer for internal temperature.
8. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, boil balsamic vinegar for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
9. Add in the butter and season with salt and pepper.
10. Place the chops on serving plate and drizzle the vinegar. Serve warm.