- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Polenta With Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Recipe
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Polenta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces (1 Stick)|
|Chopped fresh rosemary/Basil / oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|For sun dried tomato pasta|
|Toasted pine nuts/Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry packed sun dried tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Warm water/Heated dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated (To Cover Tomatoes)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Italian grana cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Fresh basil leaves||5|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
Calories 1134 Calories from Fat 812
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.2%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.7 mg
Sodium 900.4 mg37.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Take a heavy-bottomed 3-quart saucepan and boil water in it.
3) Sprinkle salt in it and add polenta.
4) Lower heat and stir frequently for 15 to 30 minutes.
5) Cook till it is thick and creamy. It will become smooth as you cook.
6) Add butter, rosemary and cheese.
7) Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet or shallow roasting pan and pour warm polenta on it.
8) Cover and chill.
9) Prepare sun-dried tomato pesto in an oven.
10) In a shallow pan put pine nuts or almonds and toast them for approximately 5 minutes.
11) Cool for sometime.
12) In another bowl soak sun-dried tomatoes in warm water or red wine to cover for 10 minutes.
13) Drain out liquid.
14) Using a blender or food processor, process sun-dried tomatoes, toasted nuts and garlic till smooth.
15) Mix cheese and basil and process.
16) Keep the motor running and add olive oil enough to form a smooth sauce resembling mayonnaise.
17) Sprinkle salt, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
18) In a leak proof portable container pack 1 cup of pesto. Store remaining pesto in refrigerator.
19) Take out chilled polenta and cut into squares.
20) In a portable container arrange in single layer and pack along with pesto in a picnic basket.
21) With mes-quite or other hardwood coals prepare the charcoal fire.
22) When coals are ready, brush polenta with olive oil and place on grill rack.
23) Grill turning once till brown thoroughly frying 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
24) Serve pesto on top alongside the polenta squares.