- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Pepper and Frisee Recipe
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Yellow pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Hazelnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Sultanas||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flaked hazelnuts||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Frisee lettuce||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 418.4 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.6%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 197.2% Vitamin C 712.9%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 30.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the peppers over a heated grill until they are tender and charred.
2) Cool the peppers in a polythene bag, then peel and slice them.
3) In a frying pan, gently saute the garlic, sultanas, nuts and rind in the oil for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the lettuce and saute over a low heat for 5 minutes, then season with the salt and pepper to taste.
5) Arrange the lettuce over the toasted bread, place the grilled, sliced peppers on top and serve immediately.