- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled New York Strip with Beer Mustard Sauce Recipe Video
|Idaho potatoes||2 , peeled and quartered|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|White cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Green zucchini||1 , cut into 2 inch long batonnet pieces|
|Yellow squash||1 , cut into 2 inch long batonnet pieces|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Herbs de provence||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cracked pepper||To Taste|
|New york strip steak||14 Ounce|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Small, mince|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Pilsner beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Grainy dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1080 Calories from Fat 445
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.9%
Saturated Fat 21 g105.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.6 mg
Sodium 1718.9 mg71.6%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 100.6%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Potatoes: Boil the potatoes until finished in salted boiling water for 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Once done, strain and using a hand masher, mix in butter, cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside and keep warm.
3. Vegetables: In a blow mix together vegetables, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper and grill on high heat until vegetables are al dente (slightly crunchy) and have beautiful grill marks on them. This should take 4 to 6 minutes.
4. Steak: Rub the steak with herbs, olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Grill on high heat until caramelize for 3 to 4 minutes on each side to achieve a medium-rare steak.
6. Sauce: Place a small pot on the grill on high heat along with the olive oil and shallots and caramelize.
7. Deglaze with beer and reduce in half. Add in mustard and horseradish and remove from the burner.
8. Stir in butter and set aside.
9. Lay down mashed potatoes and vegetables with the steak on top. Pour the sauce on top of the steak.