- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Mushroom Steaks Recipe Video
|Portobello mushrooms||2 Large (stems removed)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) (For Marinade)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Marinade)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (For Marinade)|
|Celtic sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Marinade)|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Marinade)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For Marinade)|
|Rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For Marinade)|
|Red pepper flakes/Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (For Marinade)|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (For Garnishing)|
Calories 563 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 413.3 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Light the grill.
2. Wash mushroom by rinsing under water for a few seconds. Wipe dry.
3. Mix all marinade ingredients together on a plate.
4. Coat mushroom with the marinade and let sit 5 minutes
5. Place mushrooms on the grill top side down. Turn the grill down to low.
6. Grill 10 minutes, dipping frequently into the marinade so they stay moist.
7. Turn once. Be sure to capture all the delicious juices from the mushrooms in the marinade.
8. Serve thinly sliced on a bed of arugula or you can put it onto a burger bun and have a mushroom burger.