- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Grilled Mushroom, Cheese and Spinach Panini Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh white mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon (1 tbsp if fresh is to be used)|
|Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and drained|
|Old cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Oval panini rolls||4 , halved|
|Baby spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1569 Calories from Fat 922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.4%
Saturated Fat 52.5 g262.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 252 mg
Sodium 2086.1 mg86.9%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 77 g153%
Vitamin A 89.3% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 191.2% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until just until starting to brown.
3. Stir in garlic and basil and cook 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a small bowl mix cheese and tomatoes.
6. Spread evenly on bottom half of each roll.
7. Arrange the mushrooms, and spinach leaves, evenly on top of cheese.
8. Top with the other half of each roll and press firmly.
9. Place in preheated sandwich grill and cook about 8 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese has melted.
10. Once ready cut sandwiches in half to serve and serve with a fresh green salad.
The Chedder cheese can be substituted by Goat cheese. 1/2 cup of Goat cheese would be enough.
In case you do not have a panini maker, put the sandwich in a heated pan. Cover with another pan and place some weights on top for a flat sandwich.
After one side is done, turn over and cook the other side.