- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables with Bean Mash Recipe
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Aubergine||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced lengthwise|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the mash|
|Haricot beans||410 Gram, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||3 (For Serving)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128.1 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.4%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 20 g39.3%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 216.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, combine the beans with the garlic and stock.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
3. Once cooked take the pan off the heat and mash the beans with a potato masher. Add a little stock to moisten the mash if required. Keep aside.
4. Heat an electric or charcoal grill.
5. Arrange the vegetables over a grill pan and brush with the oil.
6. Grill the vegetables until they are golden brown, turn them once and brushing the other side with oil.
7. On 2 dinner plates, spoon the mashed beans.
8. Divide the grilled vegetables equally between the plates.
9. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and coriander.
10. Add a lemon wedge to each plate and serve.