- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Mediterranean Veg with Bean Mash Recipe
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Aubergine||1 , sliced lengthways|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced lengthways|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned haricot beans||410 Gram, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||2 (For Serving)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 128 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 211.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a grill pan, arrange the vegetables and brush lightly with oil.
3) Grill until the vegetables are lightly browned, turn, brush again with oil and grill until tender.
4) In a small pan, add the beans, garlic and vegetable stock.
5) Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
6) Mash coarsely with a potato masher, adding a little water or more stock if the mash appears to be dry.
7) Spoon the vegetables and mash equally on 2 plates, drizzle over any leftover oil and sprinkle with black pepper and coriander.
8) Serve the Grilled Mediterranean Veg with Bean Mash immediately with lemon wedges.