- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Meatball Kabobs Recipe
|Finely ground lamb/Beef||1 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Large, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Frozen pearl onions||8 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 161 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg
Sodium 68.7 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler and place the rack 5 inches from the heat.
2. Place a large wire rack, on a baking sheet and, cover it with aluminum foil and prick with a fork. Grease the foil with oil. Avoid using spray near a hot grill.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground lamb, bread crumbs, onion, mushrooms, egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and cayenne pepper and mix well using your hand.
4. Wet your hands, and divide and shape the mixture into 24 balls, the size of a walnut.
5. Thread 2 meatballs each onto 12 thin skewers alternately with cherry tomatoes, green pepper and pearl onions.
6. Arrange the meatball and vegetable kabobs on the prepared rack and baste them with oil.
7. Broil the kabobs for about 15 minutes, turning once and basting with oil until evenly browned and the meat juices run clear.
8. Serve the kabobs hot along with your favorite sauce if you like.