- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Korean Grilled Mackerel Recipe Video
|Mackerel fish||600 Gram (or about 1Â¼ pound)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (or as required)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 1364 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210 mg
Sodium 1242.7 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 75 g150.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 75.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the guts from the fish, rinse in cold water and drain.
2. Cut it in half crosswise.
3. Sprinkle 1½ tablespoon salt or to taste evenly on both sides of each piece of fish.
4. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
5. Cook by either pan-frying or grilling.
To make Pan-fried mackerel:
6. Coat both sides of fish with flour.
7. Heat up the pan and add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil.
8. Cook the fish for 3 minutes over medium high heat, until golden brown.
9. Turn it over with a spatula and cook for 7 minutes over low heat.
10. Turn it over and cook for 1-2 more minutes before transferring it to a plate.
To make Grilled mackerel:
11. Preheat the oven and set it broil.
12. Rub some vegetable oil on both sides of the fish.
13. Broil on the bottom rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
14. Turn it over and cook 4-5 more minutes, until golden brown.
15. Serve with rice.