- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Lemon Herb Halibut and Creamy Citrus Rice Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for grilled fish)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium (Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon for grilled fish+ zest and juice of 1/2 lemon for rice)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) (for grilled fish)|
|Fresh dill/Fresh herbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (for grilled fish)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste for grilled fish)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste for grilled fish)|
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (for rice)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for rice)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for rice)|
|Halibut fillet||400 Gram (4 fillet)|
Calories 466 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.9 mg16%
Sodium 976.6 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 26 g51.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 12.2%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill to medium high or 350 degree.
2. For grilled fish, in a plastic bag, combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and dill.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put fish fillets in bag. Seal, and turn to coat well.
5. Place the bag in refrigerator for 60 minutes.
6. Spray non-stick oil on grill.
7. Take the fillets out of the marinade and place them on grill, skin side down. Cook about 5 minutes per side, or until done.
8. For creamy citrus rice, place a sauce pan on medium high heat, add chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream cheese in it. Stir to melt cheese, and bring to a boil.
9. Add rice, stir , turn the heat to low, cover it with lid, and cook for 20 minutes.
10. Remove lid, and add fresh basil. Mix well.
11. Serve grilled fish with creamy rice and green summer veggies.