- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Lemon Garlic Halibut Steaks with Pea Pods Recipe
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Halibut steaks/Tuna steaks||2 Pound (4 Steaks, About 1 Inch Thick)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Snow pea pods||2 Cup (32 tbs), strings removed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1253 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 290.3 mg
Sodium 997.3 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 195 g389.7%
Vitamin A 58.7% Vitamin C 274.9%
Calcium 58% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill
2. Brush the grill rack with canola oil.
3. In a shallow food grade bag, place the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Mix well
4. Add fish to the food bag and turn several times to coat the fish
5. Refrigerate the fish for 10 minutes to marinate in the coating
6. Remove the fish from the marinate
7. Place the fish on the grill, cover the grill and cook over medium heat for 9 to 13 minutes.
8. Turn the fish once during the cooking process and brush with the marinade until the fish flakes easily. If you are using tuna, it should be pink in the center. Once the fish is cooked, discard any remaining marinade.
9. Sprinkle the fish with parsley and lemon peel once it is cooked.
10. Cover with foil to keep warm.
11. In 1 -quart saucepan, bring about one inch of water to the boil and add the pea pods.
12. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender
14. Serve fish with pea pods.