- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich with Herb Mayonnaise Recipe Video
|Texas toast||2 (or regular slices of bread)|
|Butter||4 Teaspoon (about 1 teaspoon per side)|
|Herb mayonnaise||To Taste|
|Honey ham slice||1 , cut to the size of a slice of texas toast (about 3/8-inch thick)|
|Cheddar cheese slice||1 , cut to the size of a slice of texas toast (about 1/4-inch thick)|
|Dill pickle||1 (as needed) (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.3 mg
Sodium 1107.9 mg46.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 0.37%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Butter one side of two slices of Texas toast.
2. In a skillet, place the toast buttered side down and grill over low to medium heat until browned on the buttered side.
3. Remove from heat and place a generous amount of herb mayonnaise on each of the grilled sides. Spread evenly.
4. Now, place a slice of ham and cheese on top. Place the other toast slice, spread side down on the sandwich.
5. Butter the top and bottom of the assembled sandwich and grill on both sides until browned and crusty.
6. Remove from skillet and cut into two halves.
7. Serve hot along with a dill pickle spear, if desired.