- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Halibut with Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe Video
|Watermelon||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (for salad)|
|Basil paste||1 Tablespoon (Gourmet garden)|
|White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (for dressing)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (as required for dressing)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (as required for dressing)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (for dressing)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated (for salad)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (Gourmet garden)|
|Chili pepper powder||1 Teaspoon (Gourmet garden)|
|White vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Corn starch||2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Halibut fillet||1 Pound (for grilled fillet)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for grilled fillet)|
Calories 905 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.9 mg
Sodium 1170.8 mg48.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 35.7 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 47.4% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 20% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For grilled fillet, place halibut fillet on a tray and season with salt and pepper.
2. Brush olive oil on both sides of the fillet to avoid sticking on the grill. Keep it aside
3. For salad, in a large bowl, put diced water melon pieces.
4. In another bowl combine basil, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Keep whisking and add pour olive a little at a time.
5. Pour the dressing on diced watermelon. Add feta cheese, toss it well and place it in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
6. For sauce, place a pan over heat and pour water in it.
7. Add sugar, garlic paste, chili pepper and salt. Mix well and allow it to simmer.
8. When the mixture starts to simmer pour vinegar in pan. Cook over simmer for about 5 minutes.
9. In the meantime, take a small mixing bowl and combine together water and corn starch.
10. Pour the corn starch mixture in the pan, a little at a time until you get the required consistency.
11. For grilled fillet, in a small cup put some garlic paste and mix it well with a brush.
12. Place fillets on grill, cover it with lid and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Give diamond shape grilled mark by turning it to 45 degree.
13. Turn apply garlic mixture and cook for one more minute on both sides.
14. Serve halibut filet hot with sauce and watermelon feta salad.
You may prepare watermelon salad and sauce a day ahead.