- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Halibut with Butter Wine Cilantro Sauce Recipe Video
|White halibut fillet||1 Pound|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon ((1 teaspoon for fillet and 1 teaspoon for sauce,1 teaspoon for diced tomatoes))|
|Tomato||1 Medium, dice (for sauce)|
|Shallots||1 Small, finely chopped (for sauce)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince (for sauce)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm) (for sauce)|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (for sauce)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.3 mg
Sodium 410.8 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 90.3% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place halibut fillet on a tray and season with salt and pepper.
2. Brush olive oil on both sides of the fillet to avoid sticking on the grill.
3. Remove the seeds of tomato and dice it finely. Put it in a bowl, add olive oil, salt and pepper to it. Toss and keep it aside.
4. Soak fresh cilantro in cold water, pop all the leaves, and chop them finely.
5. Place fillet on medium high grill and cook for 3 minutes. Then, turn the fillet at 90 degree to make cross mark. Cook for 2 more minutes, turn and repeat on the other side. Cover and allow it to cook until done.
6. When done, remove fillet from grill and place it on a plate to rest.
7. For sauce, place a stainless steel skillet on heat. Pour some olive oil , turn and spread all over the skillet.
8. Add shallots and garlic to it. Sauté for about 1 minute. Pour white wine in skillet, simmer and allow it to reduce.
9. Throw some butter, whisk and sprinkle cilantro in it. Stir. Add lime juice and mix it well.
10. On a plate place grilled fillet, spoon sauce on top and serve it hot with diced tomato mixture.
The cross grill mark adds flavor to your fillet.