- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Halibut Tacos With Guacamole Sauce Recipe
|Halibut steaks||32 Ounce (Or Fillets, 4 Pieces, 8 Ounces Each)|
|Halibut fillets/Fresh halibut steak||32 Ounce (Use 4 Fresh Pieces, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (For Drizzling)|
|Ripe hass avocados||3 Milliliter, pitted and scooped from skins with a large spoon|
|Haas avocados||3 Medium, pitted and scooped from skins with a large spoon (Use Ripe Fruit)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Lemon)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Eyeball It)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon (Eyeball It)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced on an angle|
|Romaine lettuce heart||1|
|6 inch tortillas||12 (Use The Soft Variety)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.9 mg
Sodium 1237.7 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g35%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 27.2%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat a grill pan or indoor grill to high setting or prepare outdoor grill.
2. To prepare the halibut drizzle on both sides with olive oil to keep fish from sticking to the pan or grill and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Grill fish for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, such that opaque.
4. Over the fish squeeze down lime juice and remove from the pan or grill.
5. With a fork, flake fish into large chunks.
6. In a blender or food processor process avocado, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, yogurt and salt such that smooth.
7. To a bowl add guacamole sauce and stir in diced tomatoes and chopped scallions.
8. Shred lettuce and keep aside.
9. Check for the fish, if it comes off the grill pan or grill, blister and heat soft taco wraps.
10. Assemble by piling some of the fish chunks into soft wraps and slather with guacamole sauce.
11. Top with shredded lettuce and fold tacos over and serve.