- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Fruits with Honey Balsamic Glaze Recipe Video
|For the honey balsamic glaze|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Real vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|For the fruit|
|Peaches||3 Medium, halved (freestone peaches)|
|Sweet plums||2 Medium, halved|
|Goat cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.4 mg
Sodium 58.7 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 45.7 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. Cut the peach and sweet plums in halve, cut the ends of the figs and cut it in halve, set aside.
2. Wash the strawberries and thread 2 skewers with 5 strawberries each.
3. Preheat grill on high.
4. Prepare a foil lined baking sheet, grease it with cooking spray.
5. In a bowl combine honey, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and water, whisk everything well.
6. Brush the dressing on the fruits.
7. Reduce the grill to medium and place the fruits, flesh side down, and brush the glaze on top as well.
8. For the figs place it on the baking sheet, baste with glaze, and top with a small spoonful of goat cheese.
9. Grill for 3-4 minutes but check the strawberries in 1-2 minutes and turn. Baste the fruit once again.
10. Grill for another 3 or so minutes until a paring knife goes through fruit with ease.
11. Check if the figs have caramelized and remove from heat when done.
12. Serve this Grilled Fruit warm or at room-temperature over whipped cream, vanilla yogurt, or by itself