- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Flounder With Crab Stuffing Recipe
|Flounder||6 , pan dressed|
|For crab stuffing|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Paprika||To Taste (As Needed)|
|Crab meat||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen, Or Canned)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Melted fat/Cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 8646 Calories from Fat 1303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 145 g223.2%
Saturated Fat 44.4 g222.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4496.3 mg
Sodium 8734.8 mg364%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 1713 g3426.4%
Vitamin A 83.1% Vitamin C 284.3%
Calcium 167.8% Iron 187.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Thaw the crab meat if it is frozen or drain the meat if it is canned.
3. Clean the crab meat by removing shell or cartilage if any.
4. In a pan, heat oil and cook onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic until they are soft.
5. Mix the cooked vegetables with bread crumbs, eggs, salt, parsley, pepper and crab meat
6. Thaw the flounder if it’s frozen.
7. Clean the fish; wash and dry before cooking.
8. To prepare the fish for stuffing, lay it on a cutting surface with its light side down and cut it at the center along the backbone from the tail to head leaving about 1 inch towards the head.
9. Turn over the knife to cut through the flesh on both sides of the backbone towards the tail.
10. Allow the knife to run over the rib bones.
11. Stuff the vegetable mixture lightly into the fish.
12. In a cup, mix butter with lemon juice and salt.
13. Cut heavy duty aluminium foil into 18x18 inch squares, 6 pieces in total.
14. Grease each foil lightly.
15. On each foil, place about 2 tablespoon of butter-lemon sauce and place the fish on the sauce.
16. Add 1 tablespoon of sauce on the fish and season with paprika.
17. Fold the foil over the fish and close the edges tightly with double folding.
18. Wrap fish in all the 6 foil sheets to make 6 packages.
19. Ina barbeque grill, place the 6 packages and set the grill to about 6 inches from the coals.
20. Grill for 25-30 minutes until fish flakes easily.
21. Serve in a serving tray with sauce.