- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Flat Iron Steaks with Pomegranate Wine Sauce Recipe Video
|Pomegranate juice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Rosenblum vintner’s cuvee zinfandel wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Steak strip||1 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 718 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1938.4 mg80.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 38.1 g
Protein 60 g119.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 111.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place steak on a tray and season with salt and pepper.
2. Drizzle olive oil on steak, and brush it evenly on both sides.
3. Place a stock pot on medium high heat. Pour pomegranate juice, wine and vinegar into it. Simmer and reduce the liquid by half.
4. Add fresh pepper and salt in the sauce to finish.
5. Place the steak on hot grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Take it out of the grill and allow it to rest on a cutting tray. The, cut steak into slices across the grain.
7. Serve steak hot with sauce and parsley garnish.