- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baja Style Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the marinade)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced (for the marinade)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for the marinade)|
|Adobo sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the marinade)|
|Fish||1 Medium (Yellow Tail)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mexican Style)|
Calories 2346 Calories from Fat 876
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.8%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 913.9 mg304.6%
Sodium 1477.2 mg61.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 340 g680.7%
Vitamin A 56.6% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 74.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make the marinade:
1. Blend together the marinade ingredients until smooth.
To make the Crème Mexicana:
2. In a bowl mix Mexican style sour cream with the adobo. Alternately mix American sour cream with buttermilk again with adobo.
To prepare the fish:
3. Remove the pin bones sticking through the fish and trim the skin as well.
4. Cut the fish vertically to taco size pieces.
5. Place the fish with the marinade in a ziplock for about 20 minutes.
6. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill until seared on all sides.
7. Remove to a serving plate.
8. In a serving plate arrange black beans with fresco on the top and Mexican rice with roasted corn.
9. Place the tortilla beside them and place the grilled fish pieces over them.
10. Spread shredded cabbage, shredded onion, crème Mexicana, sauce and fresh lime squeeze.
11. Place another tortilla beside and fill with the stuffing along with some fresh avocado pieces.
12. Serve with choicest wines.