- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baja Style Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for the marinade)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced (for the marinade)|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for the marinade)|
|Adobo sauce||1 Tablespoon (for the marinade)|
|Fish||1 Medium (Yellow Tail)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Mexican Style)|
Calories 887 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 263.9 mg
Sodium 369.6 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 91 g182.3%
Vitamin A 27.3% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make the marinade:
1. Blend together the marinade ingredients until smooth.
To make the Crème Mexicana:
2. In a bowl mix Mexican style sour cream with the adobo. Alternately mix American sour cream with buttermilk again with adobo.
To prepare the fish:
3. Remove the pin bones sticking through the fish and trim the skin as well.
4. Cut the fish vertically to taco size pieces.
5. Place the fish with the marinade in a ziplock for about 20 minutes.
6. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill until seared on all sides.
7. Remove to a serving plate.
8. In a serving plate arrange black beans with fresco on the top and Mexican rice with roasted corn.
9. Place the tortilla beside them and place the grilled fish pieces over them.
10. Spread shredded cabbage, shredded onion, crème Mexicana, sauce and fresh lime squeeze.
11. Place another tortilla beside and fill with the stuffing along with some fresh avocado pieces.
12. Serve with choicest wines.