- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Tilapia Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Tilapia fish||4 Medium, Cleaned, filleted|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Mojo marinade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Wegmans)|
|Cilantro||3⁄10 Ounce, fresh (1(0.25 oz) pack, Food You Feel Good About brand)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Tortilla||6 Medium (Wegmans Gordita Style)|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Food You Feel Good About (about 2 Cup (16 tbs)s))|
|Red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Avocado||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
Calories 1626 Calories from Fat 1099
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.4%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.3 mg54.8%
Sodium 2857.6 mg119.1%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 24 g95.9%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 50 g100.6%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Clean grill with wire brush and cover grill grates with nonstick foil.
3. Place fillets in glass dish or bowl.
4. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper.
5. Add marinade and marinate, covered, 20-30 min (or up to 2 hours) in refrigerator.
To make the marinade sauce:
6. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, milk, cilantro, and lime juice.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Place fillets on grill and reduce heat to MEDIUM.
9. Sear 2-3 min, until fillet has changed color one quarter of way up from bottom.
10. Turn over close lid and cook 4-5 min, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees.
11. Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of fish.
12. Transfer to clean platter and let it rest at least 2 min.
13. Cut fillets into bite-sized pieces.
14. Warm tortillas on grill, 10 seconds each side.
15. Remove from grill and keep warm (stack and cover with clean kitchen towel).
To assemble tacos:
16. Top tortilla with a few pieces of fillet, sprinkle with red cabbage, red onion, 2 slices of avocado and a drizzle of sauce and fold over.
17. Garnish with a squeeze of lime and a couple of cilantro leaves.