- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe Video
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, freshly squeezed (for slaw)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for slaw)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (as required, for slaw)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as required, for slaw)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon (for slaw)|
|Cumin||1 Dash (for slaw)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (for slaw)|
|Cabbage||1 Medium, shredded (for slaw)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, shredded (as required, for slaw)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped (for slaw)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (for chipotle sauce)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Tablespoon (for chipotle sauce)|
|Chipotle peppers||1⁄2 Medium (for chipotle sauce)|
|Lime juice||1 Dash (for chipotle sauce)|
|Cod fish fillet||6 Medium, Cleaned, filleted (cleaned, filleted)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (as required, for chipotle sauce)|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as required, for chipotle sauce)|
|Tortilla||6 Medium, warmed (as required, for chipotle sauce)|
|Tomato||2 Medium, chopped (as required, for chipotle sauce)|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.3 mg
Sodium 1022.7 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.6%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 36 g71.8%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C 72.6%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the grill.
2) Slaw : In a bowl, add freshly squeezed lime juice, honey, rice wine vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
3) Then whisk in olive oil, whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
4) Pour the mixture into the shredded cabbage and cilantro to make a slaw.
5) Chipotle sauce : In a bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, salt to taste and lime juice together, mix thoroughly.
6) Sprinkle the cod fish fillets with kosher salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
7) Place on the prepared grill until evenly cooked on both sides.
8) Spread a row of chipotle sauce on a side of a warm torilla, spoon over some slaw, tomatoes and grilled fish. Fold over the tortilla and serve.