- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Fennel Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 122.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to medium high.
2. Trim the fennel bulbs and cut in half from top to bottom.
3. Drizzle the fennel with 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
4. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
5. Peel the orange and remove the membrane and segment, keep aside.
6. Toast the almond in a skillet over medium – low heat.
7. Place the seasoned fennels onto the grill and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Turn and grill on the other side for 5 minutes.
9. In a large bowl combine the orange segments and toasted almonds.
10. Slice the grilled fennel and add to the bowl.
11. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the fennel salad and toss, Serve warm and enjoy!