- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, Provolone And Pesto Sandwiches Recipe
|Eggplant slices||4 Large (Each 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil pesto||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Homemade / Commercial)|
|Tomato slices||4 (Each 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Provolone cheese slices||3 Ounce (4 Slices)|
|Arugula||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (2 Small Handful)|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg
Sodium 825.3 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a portable container place the eggplant slices on paper towels.
2) Rub salt and drizzle with olive oil.
3) Cover tightly.
4) Pack baguette, pesto, tomato, cheese and arugula separately. Pack everything other than the cheese in a picnic basket.
5) The cheese needs to be packed in a cooler.
6) Before serving prepare charcoal fire.
7) Pat dry the eggplants and grill the slices turning once after few minutes till soft.
8) Prepare the sandwiches with baguette, halved and cut crosswise.
9) Spread pesto on both cut sides of each piece.
10) Put tomato slices and provolone on one side.
11) Place eggplant on the other side and top with arugula.
12) Seal the sandwiches slice in halve and serve. Alternatively prepare sandwiches at home, wrap and pack in a basket for the picnic.
13) Serve in individual platter.