- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Eggplant Recipe
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 653 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95%
Saturated Fat 38.7 g193.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg
Sodium 1594.9 mg66.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 40% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel eggplant and slice into 3/4-inch thickness.
2) In a bowl, add butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning to combine all together.
3) Take the eggplant slices to brush with butter mixture. Sprinkle seasoning of salt and pepper.
4) Arrange the eggplant slices about 3 to 4 inches from coals.
5) Grill the eggplant slices on medium coals for 10 minutes or until the slices turn tender. Turn the eggplant slices and baste with the mixture occasionally, during the grilling process.
6) Serve hot with onion rings and tomato ketchup.