- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Dove Breasts Recipe
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar/Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Snipped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dove breasts||12 , cleaned and boned (Whole Ones)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, cut into 24 small pieces|
|Jalapeno peppers||3 , seeded and sliced into 24 strips (Fresh Ones)|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.4%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.4 mg
Sodium 253.1 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 22% Iron 49.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare a marinade using vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, cilantro, cumin and marjoram.
2. In a shallow dish, keep a plastic bag and place dove breasts into it.
3. Pour the marinade over dove breasts and close bag.
4. Keep the bag in the refrigerator to be marinated for 4 hours.
5. While marinating, turn the bag occasionally for even distribution of marinade.
6. Drain the marinated dove breasts.
7. Take a knife and carve a pocket on the meaty side of the marinated breasts.
8. Place a jalapeno pepper strip and cheese piece in the pocket carved.
9. Wrap each breast using bacon slices and secure using toothpicks.
10. On a cooking grid, place the dove breasts.
11. Grill dove breasts, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes till the dove turns tender and bacon is cooked properly.
12. Serve hot in a dish.