- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Dinner Du-jour Recipe Video
|Field greens||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ribeye steak marinade||1 Pound|
|Rockford blue cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||6 Ounce, cut to bite size|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Purple cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Cilantro stalks||4 Medium, chopped finely (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Sesame seed oil||2 Tablespoon (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Peanut sauce||2 Tablespoon (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste, CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste, CABBAGE SLAW)|
|Parboiled sweet potato||1 Large, cut to chunks (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
|Mushrooms||5 Large, cut to chunks (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
|Parboiled broccoli||1 Large, cut to chunks (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juiced (VEGETABLE KEBAB)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg
Sodium 4340.9 mg180.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 259.8% Vitamin C 64.1%
Calcium 35% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the skewers in water at least for 15 minutes before use.
2. Wash and chop mushroom and eggplant into large chunks
3. Cut the parboiled vegetables into chunks.
4. Slice an eggplant into thick slices.
5. Clean and cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
6. Clean the shrimp leaving the tails.
7. FOR BALSAMIC SAUCE REDUCTION: In a pan, heat the balsamic vinegar over a long time to reduce it to thick sauce.
8. FOR CABBAGE SLAW: In a bowl add purple cabbage, carrots, cilantro, peanut sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
9. In another large bowl take mushrooms, broccoli, sweet potato, Brussels sprouts and eggplant. Add soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme and rosemary. Mix well to coat all the vegetables and marinate it for 30 minutes.
10. Rub salt and pepper on the cowboy Ribeye steak.
11. Preheat the barbecue.
12. In a pan, heat some butter. Add the shrimps, chardonnay and garlic. Cook till shrimps are done.
13. Arrange the chicken pieces on the skewers and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
14. Take the marinated vegetables and arrange them on the skewer as desired.
15. Place the ribeye steak, bacon wrapped scallops and chicken on skewers on the barbecue and cook. Flip it once in a while to cook evenly.
16. Remove the chicken one they are done and place the vegetable skewers on the barbecue.
17. Cook till the rib eye steak is medium done.
18. Remove from heat. Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
19. Using a knife, remove the bone and cut the steak into thin slices.
20. In a serving plate, place the field greens as a bed. Arrange the steak over them. Sprinkle the crumbled Rockford Blue cheese on it and pour the balsamic reduction.
21. Arrange all the other dishes on the table and enjoy them hot with slaw and salsa.