- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Corn With Two Butters Recipe
|Ears of corn||12|
|Bacon slices||4 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Butter/Margarine/mixture||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature, 2 Sticks)|
|Hot pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Wild onion/Baby leeks/green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5415 Calories from Fat 1899
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g334.7%
Saturated Fat 122 g609.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 575.7 mg
Sodium 369.5 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 896 g298.6%
Dietary Fiber 107.3 g429.2%
Sugars 144.1 g
Protein 131 g262.7%
Vitamin A 311.4% Vitamin C 458.5%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 149.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. De-husk the corn, fold the remaining husk and discard the silks. Arrange husks around corn ears.
2. Place corn in a bowl and fill with water sufficient to cover corn and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
3. Ignite charcoal grill.
4. Place a heavy skillet on medium heat, add bacon and fry, stirring frequently, to crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer fried bacon to paper towel. Allow to cool and crumble.
5. Take a bowl and mix ½ cup butter, crumbled bacon and pepper flakes. With the back side of a wooden spoon, blend the mixture well. Or else pass the mixture through a food processor to blend well. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep aside at room temperature.
8. Take a bowl, add ½ cup of butter, black pepper and wild onion and with the back side of a wooden spoon, blend well. Or else pass the mixture through a food processor to blend well. Transfer to a serving bowl and keep aside at room temperature.
9. Drain the corn.
10. Sprinkle maple chips on hot coals. Arrange drained corn on grill rack. Allow to grill for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating very 3 to 4 minutes to cook thoroughly.
11. Serve hot with a butter of guests’ choice.