- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Citrus Trout Recipe
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Lime||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Pan dressed rainbow trout/Pollock||32 Ounce, dressed (About Four 8 Ounces Each)|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.4 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 52 g103.2%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat broiler or grill and make sure to place the rack about 5 inches from the heat.
2. Cover the preheated broiler or grill’s rack with a foil. Coat it with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Rather, you can coat the hinged fish grill basket.
3. Take a 13"" x 9"" x 2"" baking dish and place the lime, lemon and onion slices evenly. Add the parsley, orange juice, oil, garlic, mustard, rosemary, pepper and mix well.
4. Pour in the fish and fold the mix in the mixture. Cover the baking dish and put in the fridge for about an hour.
5. Use a large spoon and slotted spatula and transfer the fish careful on the foil covered rack.
6. Strain the leftover marinade mixture. Reserve the lime, lemon and onion slices and heat the marinade on low flame.
7. Let the fish broil or grill on one side for 6 to 8 minutes. Brush the fish using the marinade at regular intervals.
8. Turn the fish on the rack using a spatula.
9. After turning, glaze the fish with marinade again on the other side. Add a layer of lemon, lime, and onion slices and broil for another 6 to 8 minutes.
10. Serve hot in a serving dish immediately after taken out from the broiler.