- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken with Salsa Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||2 Medium|
|Garlic cloves||4 Small|
|Red chilies||2 Medium|
|Lemon juice||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (and more for spraying on the pan)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.6 mg
Sodium 524 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 38%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make shallow slits along the diagonal of each chicken breast.
2. In a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder, mince the garlic, red chilies and salt.
3. Add the olive oil and mix to a paste.
4. Apply on each side of the chicken breasts.
5. Squeeze on some lime juice and leave to marinate until you make your salsa.
6. When it is time to grill, heat your grill pan or skillet or other pan of choice and spray on some olive oil.
7. Grill the chicken breasts for about 3-4 minutes on the first side and for about 2 minutes on the second.
8. Serve hot with a cool salsa or salad.