- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken with Hot Salsa Recipe
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||24 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon (To Garnish)|
|Corn chips||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
|Watermelon||10 Ounce (275 Gram)|
|Cantaloupe melon||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Lime juice||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Celery salt||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 197.3 mg
Sodium 563.1 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 82 g163.7%
Vitamin A 125.6% Vitamin C 143.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Season the chicken with celery salt and cayenne, brush with oil and grill for about 15 minutes.
3. For the salsa, remove the rind and seeds from the melons. Finely dice the flesh and put it into a bowl.
4. Finely chop the onion, split the chillies (discarding the seeds which contain most of the heat) and chop. Mix with the melon.
5. Add the lime juice and chopped coriander, and season with a pinch of salt. Turn the salsa out into a small mixing bowl.
6. Arrange the grilled chicken on a plate and serve with the salsa and a handful of corn chips. Garnish with sprigs of coriander.