- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Chicken with Fresh Peach & Apple Chutney Recipe Video
|Fresh natural chicken||2 Pound (for grilled chicken)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for grilled chicken)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (for grilled chicken)|
|Sweet colorado onion||2 , finely chopped (for chutney)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (for chutney)|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop (for chutney)|
|Peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop (for chutney)|
|Tandoori seasoning||2 Teaspoon (for chutney)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered (for chutney)|
|Clove||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered (for chutney)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for chutney)|
|Riesling wine||500 Milliliter (for chutney)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2868 Calories from Fat 1354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 151 g231.7%
Saturated Fat 47 g235.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 712.6 mg
Sodium 3650.9 mg152.1%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 88.5 g
Protein 174 g347%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 67.4%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 51.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For grilled chicken, take out the back portion of the chicken breast leaving behind the pulley bones.
2. Preheat oven to 350-375 degree.
3. For grilled chicken, season chicken either with salt and pepper or use any kind of rub like balsamic chicken rub, roasted poultry or pork or smoky Kansas City BBQ rub.
4. Place chicken over direct heat (350-375 degree) and cook until they become brown. Once they become brown, place them over indirect heat and cook until done.
5. For chutney, place a skillet on heat, melt butter, and add chopped onions to it. Sauté over low heat.
6. Throw apple and peach in it. Sprinkle tandoori seasoning, cinnamon, clove, and brown sugar in skillet. Mix well.
7. Pour wine, add some salt and sugar in it. Stir and simmer, partially covered, for about 30 minutes or until the fruits become soft, tender and saucy.
8. Serve chicken with chutney, and some grilled garden vegetables.
Use natural chicken for grilling. Your perfectly cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 145 degree and for chicken leg it should be 160 degree.
Herbs like rosemary can also be used in chicken for seasoning.
For chutney, you can either peel off the skin of apple and peach or even leave theme behind.
You may add more brown sugar to your sauce if you like it sweet.